Friday, February 20, 2009

My Soapbox...

Wow is it just me or does everyone else wonder what the H - E - double pixie sticks the car manufacturers are thinking. I was listening to a new report on Hybrid vehicles and they were complaining about how car companies offered these great Hybrid vehicles in SUV forms that just didn't sell. PULLLLLEEEEEZZZEEE! Did this reporter work for the poor sad car companies who got themselves into this mess by not thinking ahead aggressively enough? SUV and other larger Hybrid's are pricey and do not have the great gas mileage than the smaller more compact Hybrid's have, they aren't really so great and my guess is that they are priced outside the affordability of much of middle America.

Hello car manufacturers - get a clue and soon!

Make an affordable electric or Hybrid vehicle that allows consumers to carry more than 2 passengers and their stuff (or in my case carry 4 dogs and 1 passenger and our stuff) and I bet many would gladly purchase your vehicle. I'd even find a way to endure a higher car payment if my mileage was better, I felt I was helping the environment, and I could carry everyone and everything I needed! Don't get me wrong, I don't need a minivan all the time (although I do enjoy the space when I need it), but what about those CRV style electric cars they came out with for a brief time and then swiftly removed? (Don't even get me started on that whole subject!) One of those would be perfect! Yet they still offer only smallish sedans & hatchbacks or overpriced SUVs that don't measure up?

Stepping off my soapbox now.

No comments: